Nick,

I know you are stuck in the apologist position, and there’s nothing you can do
about it, but come on…

It is positively absurd that GAE doesn’t include any bulk email capability. If
you guys are concerned about spammers abusing the service, just charge a penny
per email sent or something.

If it’s because google can’t figure out how to provide a reliable email
service, maybe call the team over at gmail, I hear they have some experience in
this area.

You will never convince GAE users that having to use a third-party to send
email is anything but a pathetic hack.

-Joshua

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/20F83DA1-2445-4E7E-9359-C7E46DF4243A%40gmail.com.