*On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Brian de Alwis <briandeal...@gmail.com
<briandeal...@gmail.com>> wrote: *

> The first one, the *Google App Engine Standard Java Project*, is a
> "native" WTP-based Eclipse project style.  The *Maven-based Google App
> Engine Standard Java Project* creates a Maven-based project using the new
> Maven App Engine plugins.

>  leveraging the many tools in the Maven ecosystem and works well with
> existing CI/CD solutions.

Thank you. Brian. I understand better now.

We would need to use the CT4E+Maven option, for all those reasons.  Indeed,
with the old Google Plugin for Eclipse, we were very constrained by the way
that the Eclipse plugin defined the layout and configuration of our
project.

*On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Brian de Alwis <briandeal...@gmail.com
<briandeal...@gmail.com>> wrote:  *

> Yup, CT4E connects up the Eclipse Platform/Debug and JDT/Debug support,
> which works across JDWP (a component of JPDA), to debug the dev_appserver.
> But fortunately nobody needs to ever know about it!

Thank you! So one-launch debugging is one type of  extra value of CT4E as
compared to just using the Cloud-SDK-based Maven plugin  in Eclipse..

I guess both approaches provide hot reload? (Debug-time class reloading.)

What about incremental compilation?  (E..g, add a class or static method
and launch the debugger, and only a few relevant class files are
recompiled, then launch debug session, with no wait for a war to be  built.)

I should add that we separate our code into multiple Maven-modules for
modularity.  (This translates to one Eclipse project per Maven module.) So,
the above features would have to work with that.

Best,

Joshua

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAD%3DB7cP0tOtd3HXz%3DJVDfwhYf19N%3DP0ea%2BYugx0MK6jnQSOjGA%40mail.gmail.com.