I don't know what features are planned or contemplated beyond what Neil
mentioned, but could the use of sub-interfaces help? For example, Neil's
feature (+1 BTW) might use a PlaceAwareActivity which extends Activity?
AbstractActivity can potentially implement them all new sub-interfaces.

The downside being that other framework classes, such as ActivityManager
would be littered with instanceof checks.

- Amir