> The next step will be to support Java 10 APIs (we still have some Java 9
> ones to add) and language features.

I have a partial JDiff report (some packages still missing) between current
GWT HEAD emulation and JDK 10. It is a bit annoying to run javadoc/jdiff
against GWT HEAD emulation as it does not have module-info files but with
some preprocessing it is doable. So soon I could either publish the jdiff
result or directly create github issues for everything I think should be
emulated. Might also be a good thing to attract some new contributors.

> Overall, I think most importantly the work shouldn't really be about Java
> 10 per se, but rather preparation for Java 11 (the next LTS release)  in 6
> months and the EOL of Java 8 in 9 months or so. In other words, I, for one,
> don't really care whether GWT supports Java 10 (it should at least "run" in
> Java 10 runtime though), as long as it'll be ready for Java 11.

For now Java 11 only seem to have JEP 323 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/323>
which seem relevant for GWT. Depending on how JDT has implemented the "var"
keyword, changes in GWT compiler might be minimal when adding Java 11
support (assuming Java 10 support is already done).

-- J.