>> Overall, I think most importantly the work shouldn't really be about Java
>> 10 per se, but rather preparation for Java 11 (the next LTS release)  in 6
>> months and the EOL of Java 8 in 9 months or so. In other words, I, for one,
>> don't really care whether GWT supports Java 10 (it should at least "run" in
>> Java 10 runtime though), as long as it'll be ready for Java 11.
>>

> For now Java 11 only seem to have JEP 323
> <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/323> which seem relevant for GWT. Depending
> on how JDT has implemented the "var" keyword, changes in GWT compiler might
> be minimal when adding Java 11 support (assuming Java 10 support is already
> done).

My guess it that both JEP 286 and JEP 323 will be transparently handled by
JDT requiring no actual changes to GWT. The main issue in general upgrading
JDT are changes in type inference which render some valid programs invalid
(e.g. last update required a change to daggerhttps://
github.com/google/dagger/commit/4e74fcefd7bb3b3d2d49a93c4bca39e5eb1c7277) and
performance degradation.