On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:38 AM Dão Gottwald via governance <
governance@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> AFAIK Slack is only available to Mozilla staff and volunteers who've signed
> our NDA. It's my understanding that communication at Mozilla should be open
> by default, and the rest is sufficiently covered by e-mail, private
> meetings and restricted bugs. Why are we on Slack?

I wonder this as well. Having so much of what we do transitioning (by
intent or by chance) to Slack seems contradictory to our openness
standards. It also is causing a fracturing of our conversations for no good
reason. We now have some conversations about a topic on IRC and others on
Slack and keeping track (if you're even on both at all) is an unnecessary
chunk of additional overhead to our days.

> Thanks,
> dao

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer