Hi,

On Sun, Sep 20 2026, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> I count on you [...] to do your enforcement work.

That's not right; there is enforcement. Maxim gave me a code-of-conduct
warning off-list some time ago.  I have not posted here since.

Our problem is not a lack of punishment but a lack of empathy for one
another.  It is a group condition.  You can only cure it by being kind
and helpful to one another.  And yes, I mean all of you.

Guix is danger of falling into an abyss of tribal strife and violence.

Later in the fall, some compromises will have to be made.  Gabber will
have to let an LLM moratorium pass.  Otherwise, he will end up leaving
the project.

The folks who mocked Gabber must apologize publicly to the group.  They
should have recognized Gabber's precarious social position, and also the
overall group condition.  Instead, they engaged in mobbing.  That did
not help.

On the LLM subject, Gabber's reticence may be well-taken.  LLM tools are
valuable in the software space.  To see one in action (I previously
hadn't) please join #bcache on Libera.chat.  A bot called ProofOfConcept
contiuously analyzes people's broken file systems.  It's crazy.  The
silly thing uses the word "I."  It even apologizes to people!

Either way, please go have a pizza.  And then fast for a day.  No water,
either.  Please look inside of yourselves for only a day.  The point is
to do it together.  Maybe then the emotions will simmer down.  Maybe
then Ian will come back.

Thanks!  Here is a beautiful song about acceptance for you:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIhq1tb8Co

Your work is too valuable.  Guix could be the next Debian.  You must
protect the group interest.  Please give in, everyone!

Kind regards,
Felix

P.S. Welcome back, nckx!

Reply via email to