Hi Maxim,

I can tell you that the currently active co-maintainers (Tobias, Efraim
and myself) still take CoC enforcement and the well-being of our
community seriously. We've had gaps and inexcusable delays in the
summer, but things should be back to normal now.

Thanks for your response.

I hope that there will be a public response to the CoC violations in the discussions of GCD008.

I speak from personal experience when I say that I understand that dealing with violations of community guidelines is one of the most uncomfortable duties of a co-maintainer, but the impact on the community vastly outsizes the discomfort.

This probably sounds terribly insensitive, so I'm just going to say it as plainly as I can: have the co-maintainers considered to continue the cycle of passing on duties (including that of "maintainer", but also including "moderator") to other volunteers? What is your plan with regards to eventual succession?

About the LLM situation, we're considering the addition of a trivial non-LLM policy to the contribution guidelines of the manual. It feels a bit off that this policy decision would come from the co-maintainers
after going through a consensus-driven process (GCD 008) [...]

I don't expect the co-maintainers to decide anything. Clearly, the shortcomings of GCD001 have made it possible to repurpose what was meant to be a *constructive* objection and turn it into an unimaginative veto. My comment about the "minimal noncommittal response ... to the LLM situation" referred to the near total absence of most of the maintainers in the discussion, and the uncharacteristic request/order to stop discussing the topic, which prevents a non-GCD route to preparing for formally finding consensus.

--
Ricardo

Reply via email to