On Sun, 20 Sep 2026, Hugo Buddelmeijer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 9/20/26 21:08, Olivier Dion wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Sep 2026, Hugo Buddelmeijer via "Development of GNU Guix and the 
>> GNU System distribution." <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> On 9/20/26 16:56, Olivier Dion wrote:
>> [...]
>>> such platitudes only make the discussion go in  circles.
>> 
>> I did not read the entire GCD-008 thread and I just wanted to point out
>> something.  Thanks for clarifying things for me.  However, that last
>> comment of your was not necessary.
>
> Oh you are right; apparently the word 'platitude' does not mean what I 
> thought.  I intended it as 'an extreme simplification', which it can 
> kinda mean in Dutch.  I definitely meant it to refer to the sentence 
> only, not to you.  It seems the word can also be used for rude 
> implications about the speaker,  especially in English and French. 
> Sorry about that, I'll be more careful.

No worries.  Happy mistakes happen.  Thanks you for the clarification, I
feel better after reading this :-)

Thanks,
Olivier
-- 
Olivier Dion

Reply via email to