> >Pretty much one I made up. One of the main plots in my story > is that an ancient race of gods who had long been imprisioned has finally been > >freed. In GURPS terms they would be the fathers of the Sidhe and other gods. > > > >The God (actually Goddess) that the players just killed was > Kali. I was pretty surprised that the players managed to kill her this
> early in the game, but that's what happens when someone with supernatural > strength gets a good roll vs an Utter Wall. She had an Utter Wall of 30 too :( > > I'm not getting what you are implying happened here; could > you be more explicit? One character (a convert from D&D :) is playing a half dragon (ie. Magical creature) He's got wings and a 42 ST. The Goddess was protecting herself with an Utter Wall spell cast at a skill of 30. The Dragonman decided to Flying Tackle (literally) the Goddess. When he hit the Utter Wall he was strong enough to break through it. Hmm, now that I am looking through MY Grimoire it says that Utter Wall is a combo of a Force Wall and SPELL WALL. When we had looked it up last Friday I could have sworn it said Force Wall and Pentagram? Has this ever been the case? Was there a version of Grimoire where Utter Wall was a Force Wall/Pentagram combo and not a Force Wall/Spell Wall combo? Damn, I'd hate it if that Goddess died cause I read the spell wrong . . . :( > >Just bits from Infinite worlds. Hmm. I really should buy Cabal. > > Cabal is one of my favorite books; I bought three copies just > so I'd have spares. It has lots of really cool stuff. > > >I agree. I'm thinking that if allowed at all, the penalties > would be so > >great that only a circle of mages could cast it. Maybe > something like > >x10 the normal penalties would be good. > > Either that or have a high magery requirement (Cabal > recommends allowing more than 3 levels of magery and letting > mages increase it in play since it is a setting all about > cool magical powers). LOL, I actually have one player with Magery 10. His skills actually aren't as high as you'd think though (low 20's). _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
