Instead of a fighter using brute strength and attacks, could you have the fighter make INT rolls to determine a strategy and then attack???
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Jeff Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > From: "Holmes, Erik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > > The point is that it can be done. Really I don't have too big a problem > > with it. My only problem with it is that its not balanced at all with > > what a fighter of equal points could do. In 4e you can still make a good > > mage off of 100 or 150 points. Your fighter is going to blow though. > > Don't even bother trying to make a thief. > > > I always loved GURPS because whenever we started a game, whatever idea I > > had I knew I could make work in GURPS because the system made sense. > > Characters from books, movies, TV shows could be converted over with > > ease. > > > > In 4e it doesn't feel that way. Instead of a system based on the bell > > curve and realism you have this system based on abstract numbers that > > tries to be less complicated but to me just doesn't make sense. > > A large part of this is because fighters and thieves haven't been given > as explicit permission to have kewl powers. MARTIAL ARTS and POWERS and > (I am lead to believe) DUNGEON FANTASY largely correct this. > > -- > > Jeff Wilson - [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > < http://www.io.com/~jwilson > > _______________________________________________ > > > GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> > http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l > _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
