Hi Steve:
I don't know about everything OpenLibrary.org has, but, I sent Raul a link
to a protected DAISY book and it worked on his BookSense. It is indeed a
protected book, because I tried it after removing my keys from my BR Stream
and it did not allow me to play the book until the NLS keys were installed
again. You may have the key you need already.
Here's the link to the book I gave to Raul to test:
http://www.archive.org/download/endersgame00card/endersgame00card_daisy.zip
At least, this particular book works.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Jacobson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>; "paul nobrega" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: upgrading the booksense firmware
Dave,
I have an XT and I do not have an RFBD key on my BookSense, but my NLS key
remained in tact after the upgrade.
Apparently
loosing ones key is not a certainty. I wonder, though, how many people
will get the message as I did that my second
upgrade contained the same version as what is on my BookSense and cancel
out. I have no idea what that would
do.
Raul, would say more about the protected Openlib key requirements? I'm
not sure I am familiar with that, or at least I'm
drawing a blank.
Best regards,
Steve Jacobson
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:58:43 -0600, David Tanner wrote:
It wasn't nearly as difficult until this update. And, after I updated my
unit I had to go back and reinstall the RFB&D
and NLS authorization keys too. Thankfully I still had the information
and it only took me about 15 minutes to do the
whole thing including re-downloading the RFB&D key. But, my guess is that
there are going to be a lot of folks very
mad when they loose their keys and don't have a clue how to get them back
or the tech skills to get it done without
help.
----- Original Message -----
From: paul nobrega
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:13 AM
Subject: upgrading the booksense firmware
I did not realise it was so complicated to update the booksense: so much
simpler with the victor stream: just
download the update, copy the file on the sd card and restart the
stream...
Paul
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list
and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your
message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at
http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 5736 (20101227) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 5736 (20101227) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.