On Oct 2, 08, at 6:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I assume you have the whole, "stays are not that uncomfortable, and before the 19th century tight-lacing was not the point" song and dance by heart? I know some large women who surprise themselves by *liking* stays.
Lauren

Lauren,

As a member of the Over 50 and Over Weight Club, I agree that a correctly fitting corset feels just fine on a hot day in Period Clothing. None of the "parts" touch each other, keeping everything where it belongs, minimizing sweaty areas. My back also appreciates the support of the corset. If I could only get a corset to accommodate "everything" when I ride Sidesaddle, I would look and feel better. Still working on it.

Susan