>  Which makes me curious. What actual medical issues have people encountered
> that really _do_ mean someone can't wear a corset? I'm sure it does happen --
> and it seems to me that having some idea of what really are the issues that
> cause problems might help dressmakers decide whether to (1) attempt to
> exercise more tactful persuasion, (2) devise some sort of work-around, or (3)
> do the best they can to make a nice looking garment without corsetry.

I have an auto immune disease. I have toxic drugs to deal with it,
both cause problems

Sorry easier than starting off with Rheumatoid Arthritis as there are
too many assumptions made about it;)

I have to deal with pain and joint degradation every day but also
extreme fatigue and a body that simply cannot handle wearing the
frocks for long periods any more. Corsets are draining. I make mine
well, it's nothing to do with that. I just find after a few hours I
start to feel claustrophobic and need to get into something lighter/
looser. At events this is usually just put up with but I'm starting to
find my tolerance levels dropping. I had to leave an event a few weeks
back because I was about to have some sort of physical break down.

That was an extreme but what people assume about my disease is really
not everything that goes on.

Oh yeah and I do have digestive issues from 7+ years of daily
prednisone and anti-inflammatory use so anything tight/rigid around my
waist causes other issues.

Most of the time I do stick it out, but I'm looking at having to
change how I do things.

Michaela de Bruce
http://glittersweet.com