I know that there is a very nice near sheer material out there that is a
cotton linen blend, Jo Ann's used to carry it. Somewhere on line I had seen
the sheer linen but is was $36 per. aprox. 1yd x 26" and it would have to be
shipped from Europe to the states. Out of price, out of range so I didn't
save the site. :(
Walmart, when they had their $1 table used to have the indian cotton that
was on the verge of being sheer but you sneezed on it wrong and you go a
tear.

By the way, it isn't silly. Just make sure it doesn't become obsessive and
make you mental. :)
As the one say goes "Perfection can be a tapeworm, your never satisfied"

De