I talked to our lawyer again and he urged me STRONGLY to please ask you
guys not to deal with legal issues. This is different than Meetup hosts,
where people are looking for legal advice as independent groups, and not
coordinated with the campaign. Since we're working together, and
building a product the campaign will offer as a service, it is critical
that all legal decisions be made by Eric.

I am working with him on putting together legal guidelines that we will
offer along with the Dean Community Sites Kit.

http://www.hack4dean.org/phpwiki/index.php?Legalities

This page makes me extremely nervous. We'll do the legal work -- its our
job, and our boss, on the line, and even talking about the FEC in ways
that are inaccurate can get me, and through me Dean, in a lot of hot
water.

Thanks!

Zephyr Teachout
Internet Organizing & Outreach