When I was writing documentation, I made a different list. I looked at the
module page from the perspective: "what features will help build
community." i.e. relationships between data and between people

The list is on: Configure Drupal
http://deanspace.org/node/view/67

I expect that this list, made in the wee hours, will probably be changed:

blog
comment - allows users to comment on nodes
drupal - allows id transfer between sites
help - might help the grandmas before coming to the help desk
import - aggregation - though we're creating a supped up version,
locale - enables translation (hope all of the developers are using the t
function to allow this to work!)
node - allows core content to be contributed
page - same as above, probably only give permissions to administrators though
ping - think trackback
profile
search
statistics - to help admins
story - user submission (we're going to have to explain the differen to
people in laymens terms)
taxonomy
tracker - what better for community than to read one article, then click
to find all the other stuff they've written recently?

Forum should be added to this list along with an explanation of
forum/mailing list issues.

Not sure if book is essential unless we want to promote each site making
it's own Campaign Diary - How Dean Won Lake County. I would hope that work
like "How to Outreach Offline" et cetera would be centrally located so
there aren't 5,000 versions for people to try to collect ideas from.

~Alison

--
"...somebody came along and said liberal means soft on crime, soft on
drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense. And we're going to tax you back