Please do NOT flame.

I am a little reluctant to offer because I know someone
will say "do it yourself" but I don't have the
time to do it all (maybe some).
I think the problem is
"selling" linux to average joe in a non-too-geeky-for-me way
and making would be visitors more comfortable to get involved.

A few suggestions to haifux site:

1) In order to increase haifux involvement and keep in touch
with visitors and allow members to know lecturers more:

Allow (not mandatory) haifux visitors to register (Register button
big on top of main page) in haifux.org the registration can include:
Name, handle, Picture, email, ALL(IMs),register to mailing list
phone, comment on self, interests, RSA key.
Links to past lectures given, list of lectures attended (self editing),
link to home page, link to blog page, links to favorite linux/FOSS sites.
Perhaps, rudimentary blog.

2) Provide (little hype here) web 2.0 services:

Inside haifux.org allow to create presentations using WiKi methods
with permission to edit from lecturer (or not).
Or provide a trust ring, lecutrer know/vouch editor so its ok to edit.

Provide a request page, requesting to lecture on a ready lecture.
(good for when there are no lecturers available)

3) list of proposed lectures and member voting on prefered lectures.

Available ready lectures will be lectured first when no date was set.
Also, members can assign lectures to preffered date slots so a maximal
number of members will be able to attend a desired lecture.

Maybe include incentives to lecture, like if you do a lecture you get
strong point to secure other lectures or get tshirts etc...

5) Main contacts/emails on main page to outside non-members who wish
to promote/lecture/sponsor.

6) Move clutter like logos etc... to the bottom and put registration,
main contacts, arrival, etc.. on top.

7) Provide main page pictures on meeting place and people having fun :)

Increase sense of casual, fun,
non technion-students-only-will-understand atmosphere.

Regards,
        tzahi.