On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 07:11:09PM +0300, gabik wrote:
> Hi
>
> Clubsys is highly academic and theoretical. They will not allow
> lecture on "dirty, system-level" details, which is what interests
> us, the engineers, I suppose. :)

That's too bad... it's not like there's been a wealth of clubsys
lectures. Have you tried talking with the organizers? in my several
years of experience organizing such seminars, seminar organizers
rarely say no to offers of help, especially if they're accompanied by
a suggestion to lecture.

I would love to see an "OS club" in the Technion --- but I don't think
Haifux should be it.

FWIW I am co-organizer of a weekly "Systems and Storage Research
Seminar" at IBM's Haifa Research Lab, which has "OS lectures" fairly
often. Email me privately if you'd like to be added to the
announcement list.

Cheers,
Muli