Hi all,

Le 09/04/2012 20:37, Willy Tarreau a écrit :
Hi Aleks,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 06:38:42PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
Some questions for open discussion.

1.) Where is the right page for the 'HTMLFIED' document?
     http://haproxy.1wt.eu/#docs =>  separate page such as
        doc.haproxy.1wt.eu ...

We need to ensure we can automate the update so that when the doc is updated
on the primary site, it's automatically updated on Cyril's site too.

I think I'll configure a bot soon (this week-end ?) to automatically :
- fetch daily configuration.txt from HTTP for haproxy 1.4 and 1.5 (or maybe from the git repository for 1.5).
- generate documentation for both with the last converter snapshot
- push the documentations on the web site.

2.) automatic build or a separate build option 'make htmldoc' I prefer
the
     second way

We could think about merging Cyril's work in the contrib dir of haproxy, but
since he expects some fast development on it soon, this would slow the
process a lot. Better let his project evolve quickly and maybe at some point
we could take a snapshot of it into haproxy so that "make htmldoc" works out
of the box.

I agree, It's maybe too soon to think about that but as soon as we get something really stable, it will be feasable.

Btw, do you prefer us to use a dedicated mailing list for this development or is it OK to post here ? I can create one (again this will probably be this week-end) if you want.

I think that at some point, some users might be interested in implementing
other backends such as asciidoc which creates very nice outputs for a wide
variety of formats (including man and pdf). But let's not start to divert
the nice job from what it currently is :-)

I thought about that, but I don't see it in a near future ;-)

--
Cyril Bonté