On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:33:39PM +0100, Baptiste wrote:
> I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Just wrote, as a proof of concept, a forward proxy...
> That said, it seems my lua script is "blocking"... I mean, if the
> remote server is slow to deliver the response, then HAProxy doesn't
> process any other request or response.

As explained by Thierry, this is because you used the native sockets
instead of haproxy's non-blocking ones. I think that after some time
we'll start to collect some best practices regarding Lua and such
issues will not happen anymore since (as usual), people will write
configs by copy-pasting working ones.

We're still thinking about setting up a forum dediated to Lua so that
people can share their code easily. It's a bit early for now since
we're mostly fixing the code and/or design, but once things settle
down it should be helpful.