Dear Sylvain Faivre,

Am 10-11-2015 12:48, schrieb Sylvain Faivre:
On 11/10/2015 12:00 AM, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
Hi Sylvain Faivre.

Am 09-11-2015 17:31, schrieb Sylvain Faivre:

[snipp]

So, I've got this so far :

backend http

  stick-table type string len 24 size 10m expire 1h peers prod

  stick on urlp(JSESSIONID,;)
  stick on cookie(JSESSIONID)

Does this seem right ?
The help for "stick on" tells it defines a request pattern, so I guess
this would not match JSESSIONID cookie ou url parameter set in the
reply ?

I have no java server here to test this commands but with this commands
haproxy does not warn you about some config errors ;-).

###
backend dest01
   mode http

   stick-table type string len 24 size 10m expire 1h peers prod

   stick on urlp(JSESSIONID,;)
   stick on cookie(JSESSIONID)

   stick store-response cookie(JSESSIONID)
#  stick store-response res.hdr(JSESSIONID,;)

   stick store-request cookie(JSESSIONID)
   stick store-request urlp(JSESSIONID,;)

   server srv_dest01 dest01.com:80
###

I have not seen a good option to read the JSESSIONID from the response
header in case it is not in a cookie.
Have anyone I idea?!

Please can you post a full response header which was created from the
app or appserver when the app or appserver have detected that the client
does not allow cookies.

[snipp]

In fact, the server sends the JSESSIONID as a cookie even if the
client does not support cookies, *and* it adds the JSESSIONID as a URL
parameter in all links, so this should be all right.

This would be helpfully to see the full response.
Maybe some appserver behaves different.

I just tried your config on a test server, and the session IDs are
rightly recorded in the table, whether the client accepts cookies or
not.

Perfect.

I still have some test cases to run, I will check this next week and
report back if needed.

Oh yes please tell us the results so that we can add this as migration example for appsession.

Thanks
Aleks