Hi,

On Tue, Jul 04, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy <
> dvel....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks much for detailed explanation.
> >
> > Once the limit of 100 sessions are reached, note we are talking about *100
> > sessions in Weblogic* and *NOT 100 connections to the backend*, what is
> > the Weblogic server going to do? We need to understand what happens on
> > Weblogic side once the 101st session is accepted. You get error 500
> > straight away or something else happens? Maybe nothing and the request gets
> > dropped after sitting in the Weblogic queue for some time?
> >
> > [Vel] once the limit(100) is reached in weblogic, 101 user will receive
> > error 500, OOM (OutOfMeory) error in weblogic back-end.when there is OOM
> > occurs, even connected users responses will be impacted.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vel
> >

> ​Well, the biggest issue you have is that number or connections is not the
> same as number of sessions. Lets say you have reached your 100 connections
> limit which corresponds to 100 sessions in WL and one client's browser
> starts closing its connections. For HAP the number of connections will drop
> below 100, lets say to 96, and it is possible that in that moment a new
> user gets connected which will cause WL to create a new 101th session and
> crash. So how are you going to solve this dependency between connections on
> the HAP side and sessions in the WL side?
>
> Another thing is that modern browsers can open up to 6-7 connections to a
> single domain name which potentially leaves you with less than ​20 users
> during the overload period with the limitation of 100 connections in HAP.
> Also depending on the users activity, every time the user is active WL will
> restart the session timer to 20 min, you might end up with less than 20
> users connected for a long long time.

What "might" work is track(stick table) the session cookie WL uses for
logged in users (does WL use cookie (JSESSIONID?)) and when
table_cnt gt 100 send users custom errorfile.

It's probaly quite tricky to remove entry from stick table when user
clicks logout (instead of just waiting for 20min stick table entry to
timeout).

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen - System Administrator     |  jarno.huuskonen atsign uef.fi