Hello Shawn,

On 17 April 2018 at 15:24, Shawn Heisey <hapr...@elyograg.org> wrote:
>>> I described that issue in a separate message to the
>>> list.  I do have a workaround to that issue -- I'm no longer using
>>> "backup" on any server entries for this service.
>>
>> Then I don't see how it can work for you. It's a bit confusing I'm afraid.
>

> Originally, the "hollywood" entry on the be-cdn-9000 backend (which you can
> see at the config I linked above) had the backup keyword.  But what I
> noticed happening was that when planet went down, it took about ten
> additional seconds (no precise timing was done) for hollywood to go active,
> and during that time, the client got "no server available" messages.

You said this is about a 502 error. But "no server available" is not a
error that haproxy emits and 503 would be "Service Unavailable".
I don't see any issue replaying this here locally with haproxy 1.5.12.

Can you clarify what error you are seeing exactly and  also the
relevant haproxy logs (including server down message).

Lukas