On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 07:52:48PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> it should be detectable using
>
> #if defined(__has_feature)#  if __has_feature(address_sanitizer)//
> code that builds only under AddressSanitizer#  endif#endif

OK that could be useful indeed, thanks!

> I agree to remove asan from travis. However, I still find it somewhat
> useful, I would add daily github action job with asan enabled (in the
> way it would not bother anymore).

Has it ever reported a *real* issue ? I mean, we've been working around
its bugs but beyond this ? This looks like totally experimental junk to
me when I see how simple code paths get ruined. I've stopped looking at
travis reports again because when I start my browser, it loads with a
red tab and I already predict it will be on the clang builds. Having
something constantly cry wolf serves no purpose. Also, it seems to be
highly sensitive to the initialization ordering and randomly fails
during startup if you build without USE_OBSOLETE_LINKER. That's a real
PITA which currently only adds noise.