On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 08:11:52PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> > Has it ever reported a *real* issue ? I mean, we've been working around
> >

> https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/96
> https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/104
> https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/106
> https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/111

Well only two above are the address sanitizer, one is valgrind and the
other one is the thread sanitizer.

> and I hope that William Lallemand also found and fixed about 5 bugs
> detected by travis + asan

Maybe.

In that case at least we should run it at -O1. It's at -O2 that it
produces bogus code from what I'm seeing. And given that the docs
also suggest -O1 to get a usable backtrace, it's possible that it's
rarely tested in combination with -O2. But anyway I really *hate*
seeing compilers silently emit bad code, especially when it happens
when asking them to detect more anomalies!