❦  9 juillet 2020 13:12 +05, Илья Шипицин:

> do you think does it make sense to use scripted brew instead of travis
> plugin ?
>
> if so, we can try to "brew instal blah-blah-blah || ok, we failed, lets'
> update and install one more time"

I have also hit the problem several time. Brew upstream says to use
"brew bundle" instead:

#v+
-        brew install libtool libxml2 check
+        brew bundle --file=- <<-EOS
+brew "libtool"
+brew "libxml2"
+brew "check"
+EOS
#v-

This way, brew doesn't complain if a requested package is already
installed but not at the latest version.
--
It is a wise father that knows his own child.
                -- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"