FSC progressed, was defined and a (very rough) prototype compiler written in
Haskell. This was more or less done to explore the pertinent issues rather
than produce a piece of software for external consumption.
Development slowed over the last year as the funding for my PhD ended and I
took a job (Real Time C-hacking!), continuing my work on weekends and at
night.

At the minute my thesis has been viva-d and in going through the last
iteration
of typographical corrections. Once this is done it should be electronically
available via the Newcastle University CS website.

        http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk

This contains the material presented at SciTools and much more including
benchmarks (against C and Haskell) of simple numerical subroutines such as
Cyclic reduction and normal CDF generation via quadrature. I plan to
graduate
in December and so envisage this resource becoming available at or around
then.

Chris

      Chris Angus, Industrial Inspection International
Intelligent inspection systems for continuous sheet production
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]