On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 04:21:59PM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:
> For good measure I'll be running tests in a tree built with ./configure
> --with-db-preference=sqlite, which should have the effect of using a
> SQLite3 HDB in tests/kdc/check-kadmin.

I had to modify tests/kdc/krb5.conf.in to make real sure it used the
sqlite backend, but other than that, it worked.  I used master, not the
release, but I'm certain 7.1 will work too.  I think the key is to make
sure that kadmin -l is using the correct config file.  Look at
tests/kdc/krb5.conf.in for an example of how to specify a backend.

Nico