>> For good measure I'll be running tests in a tree built with ./configure
>> --with-db-preference=sqlite, which should have the effect of using a
>> SQLite3 HDB in tests/kdc/check-kadmin.
>
> I had to modify tests/kdc/krb5.conf.in to make real sure it used the
> sqlite backend, but other than that, it worked.  I used master, not the
> release, but I'm certain 7.1 will work too.

Ehum....

make  check-TESTS check-local
FAIL: loaddump-db
FAIL: add-modify-delete
PASS: check-dbinfo
FAIL: check-aliases
Testsuite summary for Heimdal 7.1.0
# TOTAL: 4
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  3
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See tests/db/test-suite.log
Please report to https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/issues

And there it says:

   Heimdal 7.1.0: tests/db/test-suite.log

# TOTAL: 4
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  3
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

.. contents:: :depth: 2

FAIL: loaddump-db
=================

kadmin: No database support for /var/heimdal/heimdal
FAIL loaddump-db (exit status: 1)

FAIL: add-modify-delete
=======================

init database
kadmin: No database support for /var/heimdal/heimdal
FAIL add-modify-delete (exit status: 1)

FAIL: check-aliases
===================

Creating database
kadmin: No database support for /var/heimdal/heimdal
FAIL check-aliases (exit status: 1)

I suspect that this has something to do with it:

# cat dbinfo.out
label: default
        realm: no realm
        dbname: /var/heimdal/heimdal
        mkey_file: /var/heimdal/m-key
        acl_file: /var/heimdal/kadmind.acl

But do I need to set up that file as well? Seems to be broken at least
in the default test environment.

Harald.