Supposed my Kawa manual uses a picture pic1.png.

The texinfo manual says:

   If you want to install image files for use by Info readers too, we
   recommend putting them in a subdirectory like 'FOO-figures' for a
   package FOO.  Copying the files into '$(infodir)/FOO-figures/' should be
   done in your 'Makefile'.

This only discusses installation, but it seems to imply that the
texinfo source use:

which means this effects non-Info output as well.

Or does makeinfo automatically search the FOO-figures directory
- or is there a recommended command-line option to search Foo-figures?
        --Per Bothner