On 10/17/2016 11:50 PM, Gavin Smith wrote:
On 17 October 2016 at 21:27, Per Bothner <p...@bothner.com> wrote:
I think it might be better to change makeinfo than info.el.

To clarify, do you think that makeinfo should insert kawa-figures or
whatever in the paths to image files that occur in the Info files it

I think that is best.  What I'm not sure is whether it should do so
depending on a command-line flag, or automatically )by searching).

One option is to add a  new command-line flag that specifies
a directory or filename prefix or a search path.  This path
is used for (at least) @image command.

Another option is for the @image command to check for images
in both the current directory and FOO-figures, where FOO
could be the filename in the @setfilename command.

Not sure which approach would be best.  I'd be fine with either.
        --Per Bothner
p...@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/