Hello Deepak,

A single / free dyno spins down when it is not in use.
Much like passenger / mod_rails on your local box.

It cost ram/cpu/money to run a dyno on an ec2 instance.
If you are not using it (and you are not paying for it), then there is no
reason why Heroku should dish out the money to pay for something you are not
using.

If you want to pay for it by getting another dyno, then I guess you can be the
judge on whether to have the app running or not.

It seems curious to me that people want Heroku to pay for their staging
environment to be up all the time.
For me, staging is a pre-release testing environment.   Guess others have a
different view.

Keenan