What I'm talking about may also be referred to as "beveling" the edges. To
what angle do I bevel what edges so things fit flush and so the structure
has the greatest strength and integrity?

That's the first thing I noticed that I should clarify when I began
searching "danger hinges."

Will have to continue the search and sorting later.