My H12 which is both beveled (on 1" polyiso) and velcro'd, returned from
its 6th consecutive Burning Man with only a few feet (2-3' total in 3
places) of glue separation. Repairs should be easy. I'm a big fan of velcro
hexayurt tech; my yurt took only 15 minutes to assemble, and 15 minutes to
take down this year since there was no wind.

I think I understand your idea of putting velcro on the bevel edges, and I
ask you this question: Are you planning to assemble your yurt anywhere it
might rain? And bear in mind before you answer, it rains at Black Rock City
too!  If answer to your question is "yes" then think of how rain will roll
off your roof sections towards the ground. If you have velcro between the
sheets, the bevels may actually funnel the rain water into your yurt,
giving you a swimming pool instead of a dry haven.

If you can add a kind of flashing over the seams redirecting water flow
over the joints, you will probably be okay. The flashing can be as simple
as a thin strip of poly tarp or vinyl or cordura taped to the polyiso.

--Wolf