> But my concern with this way of velcroing, with the velcro attached
> directly to the beveled edges, is more structural. Would it hold up?

Unfortunately my mechanical/structural engineering knowledge isn't strong
enough to answer that question. But in my mind as I see the forces interact
between panels the idea seems fairly good. I'll be interested to hear if it
works out.

> Actually I'm having a hell of a time beveling my already-taped up panels,
> and considering just doing Camp Danger-style hinges. In which case,
> velcroing on the beveled edges would not be an option anyway.

Loved the video posted previously in this thread. Using a sharpened putty
knife on the jig seems genius. I am guessing you are not having an easy
time though getting a putty knife (or possibly any knife) through the tape
layers already on your panels, possibly because of the leftover tape gum.

When I built my last yurt (the H12) I made a sled jig to attach to a basic
jig saw. It wasn't quite as fast as the putty knife method, but it made
clean accurate cuts and worked well.  I am thinking you may need an active
moving blade (bandsaw or jig saw or possibly circular saw) to cut through
the tape cleanly. Using a straight edge guide with a circular saw might be
your best bet. Most modern circular saws allow blade angle to adjust up to
45 degrees.

--Wolf