Thank you for all this help guys, this is definitely a tuff problem but i have
never seen a problem fixed that was not something very very simple. I
reinstalled half-life from the CD and ran it thu WON, not STEAM and the
debugger WORKED! I guess i was never able to use the debugger in steam but
never really noticed because most of the code I did after i converted to steam
was not very substantial (i just did touch up here and there that did not
require much dubuggin). Anyway so know that i got it to work i guess im in good
shape and at least I can code on.
However I would really like to figure out what i did wrong in steam?  Do i need
to copy some other dll's somewhere? All i did was add SteamApp.cfg and filled
that out correctly and thats it. Before i had to copy to the steam.dll to the
half-life dir but i think thats no longer required. That was definitely a bad
idea because every time steam.dll updated we would have to remember to recopy
that file otherwise the side effects were very weird and next to impossible to
solve unless you made that correlation.

Every since i converted to steam I have had problems, I mean everything from
SteamApp.cfg not working because of a slash \ at the end of the steam dir path
to this. I would really like to change my email, but when i installed steam I
was so upset I have to fork out my real email i made up this one just for that
purpose. Perhaps Ill get rid of it once i get steam working but its sorta fixed
now bceause I have my steam id, lol. Sorry if i offended anyone at valve. You
must understand this has given me a real head ache.

anyway thx again Mike and if you or anyone else can figure out why my debugger
6.0 and .net only work with SIERRA and not STEAM (not just my mod, but the
stock SDK as well) I would appreciate it greatly.