No,

It's network latency.

If server-side lag compensation is enabled, then the server will be looking
at where you were at the time your enemy fired at you *on his machine*,
no where your client says you are right now *on your machine* (which is
only a client-side prediction).

The total latency between shot time and your client being notified is the
enemy's one-way latency + the server's latency to you.  This could be
only 80-100 milliseconds if he has a fast uplink and you have a fast
downlink..... it could be 250-300 milliseconds or more worst case.

Aditya Gaddam said:
> this has happened to me a lot of times in DoD. I get back behind cover
> but about half a second later, I die from magical bullets. It's
> probably NOT hacks. just messed up hitboxes or something.
>
> On 10/6/05, Dan Stevens (IAmAI) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> --
>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>> I've have never normally witnessed hitbox lagging. Although occasionally
>> someone gets me just after I've jumped into cover, or so it seems;
>> perhaps I
>> was still sticking out :P
>> --

> http://www.pixelfaction.com
> AIM:ApeWithABrain

Sneaky Bastard!
(Michael A. Hobson)
mike (at) crusader (dash) services (dot) com