-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Fearn
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:09 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Crash in release mode only AND Changing the
viewports

On 4/26/06, ChromeAngel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Crash in release mode only AND Changing the
viewports
> >  scheme
> >
> > ChromeAngel wrote:
> >
> >> 2 Issues, I doubt they are related :
> >> Issue 1) I've got my HL2DM mod running sweet and lovely and i'm about
> >> ready to send it out to my testers, so I compiled in in release mode,
> >> only to find it causes a crash in HL2.exe when I spawn on my listen
> >> server.  How should I go about finding the cause of this crash?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/ht
ml/vcrefgz(catchrelease-builderrorsindebugbuild).asp

> > --
> > Jorge "Vino" Rodrigue
> >
> Issue 1) Cheers for the URL Vino.  By adding the /GZ parameter to my
> debug compile I did manage to catch and fix a bug that was not otherwise
> happening in debug builds.  However, it still does not reproduce the
> crash bug I get in release mode, even after full rebuilds.  Any more
> suggestions?

Try this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html
/_core_turn_on_generation_of_debug_information_for_the_release_build.asp

--
Jeff Fearn

"Postmodernism: Once more without feeling." -- Geoffrey Nunberg