Let me rephrase that: I've /never/ run in debug. :-p VS2008 can only
build release.

David Shaw wrote:
My comment applied to the RELEASE build.

In release builds there is a pdb file that is created specifically for that
build of the code.  Then if you 'debug run' the release version of the exe
from visual studio, it will load the pdb file to link the line of code you
are on with the line that is being run in the exe (this is all compiled into
one file when compiled under debug).  If you are using the wrong pdb file
and you have changed the code in any way i.e. added a line of code, then the
pdb line linking will be out, and it will show you the wrong line of code
that is being executed in the debugger.

So in short, make sure that the pdb and exe files that are being used are
built at the same time otherwise you will run into problems.

David (PulledPin) Shaw
www.hl2ctf.com