I digged into that a while ago cause I was interested in modding
Left4Dead, appently everything's pretty much available when the SDK is
out EXCEPT the code, but afaik it wasn't an official confirmation but
it's the likely course since the code for tf2, portal, css, etc wasnt
released either(although I heard you can get code for the gamerules but
nothing else?)