I believe this has to do with those types of entities being "triggers"
themselves, using a bounding box of sorts to detect if a player is
touching it.
These triggers capable of moving can not trigger invisble non-solid
triggers, apparently to reduce the amount of "touch-links".

It's an engine thing so I don't think you can change that behaviour,
instead you'll have to find some sort of workaround, although I honestly
can't think on how you'd fool the trigger to recognize pickups.