To be clear here: if there should be any warning, then it should be a dev
warning. Once things don't work as expected at least I like to switch on
developer mode, sometimes even developer 2 instead of developer 1. A single
printout saying that this server won't be seen by others would do no harm
there, neither in terms of CPU cycles nor regarding the readability of the
console output. By the way, with developer set to 0 there's not much seen on
the console with our current 2007 based release and the 2013 based
development version.

There also seems to be no point in disabling master server listing on
commentary mode servers. Every time I needed a bot or all weapons at once I
had to switch sv_cheats to 1 while obviously my server was in commentary
mode. It also doesn't keep people from joining the server as long as they
know the address, the server is merely removed from the master server.

Then there's the sv_lan story. During all my recent tests it didn't matter
what I set sv_lan to, as long as it's a dedicated server or a listen server
with commentary set to 0 it gets listed on the master server. In both cases
the server browser shows my public IP, not the internal 192.168. one. I
didn't ask anybody to connect to the server, but if there's a difference
between sv_lan 0 and 1 I'd guess that people joining a sv_lan 1 server from
the Internet will be presented with the "this server is restricted to local
clients" message.

Jan