Valve has given us the "interface" for plugins.  Most plugins, however go
beyond this and reach into the memory to do special things like burn,
teleport, etc...

In fact, an admin plugin doesn't require any special coding that usually
breaks with updates.  Just giving the server operators the ability to allow
clients to control the server without rcon access is easily done, and can be
stable.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect server operators to pay for admin
features.  It will either be done by valve, or by 3rd party for free.
Somebody just has to come up with one that doesn't include all of the extra
stuff.  I have one coming out for HL2DM, but it wouldn't be good for CS:S...

I sort of agree on the days being numbered, but lately I've actually seen
valve responding to concerns.  I just don't think they have a good way to
address concerns brought to light by both players and server operators.  I
recently had a conversation with valve and let them know that
"playgamesound" didn't work with the client restriction, but "play" did.
They responded that it should work and could I verify it for them.  Once I
did they responded:  "That certainly sounds like a bug then, I will get the
team to check this out."  This has been an issue since the release of the
cl_restrict_server_commands CVAR.  If they had a system of good
communication with bug tracking, then I think most of the problems we see as
players/operators would be taken care of.

Keeper