a setting for a multiplier sounds good.
And it should be possible to set this cvar to 0 to deactivate the respawn
time, too.

Players can decide on which servers they want to play then. With out without
delay.

In my personal opinion: 15 seconds to wait for a respawn are 15 seconds to
get bored and to think about disconnecting. Team Fortress is not CS or DoD.