The search key does not work currently. Whatever you set, it never show up
in sv_showtags. It's broken.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Rapp" <r...@iz3d.com>
<hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Quick question about sv_search_key

I've been working all morning on trying to rectify our server's Search Key
problem.

I've followed everyone's advice in fixing the search key problem, but it
hasn't been fixed.

This is what I've tried so far:

- sv_search_key "xxxxx" and sv_steamgroup xxxxx in the server.cfg
- just sv_search_key "xxxx" without steamgroup
- just sv_steamgroup xxxx without search key
- sv_search_key xxxx without using quotation marks
- tried the "1013,key:xxxxx" and that hasn't worked either

In the game, I've tried using the lobby matchmaking sv_search_key xxxx with
and without quotation marks.

I seriously can't get anything to work. I run 5 open servers and 1 private
servers, and the lobby won't find any of them. It'll just sit and search
forever and never stop.

If anyone can shed some light, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Aaron Rapp