Hey Zoid,

How is this going to going to affect metamod/sourcemod which are in
left4dead/addons?
Unless you mean left4dead/add-ons which appears to have been added recently?

Regards,
Dan

Zoid Kirsch wrote:
> As mentioned on the Left 4 Dead blog recently, we're are going to release an
> update that adds support for third party custom campaigns.  For server
> operators, there are a few significant things to be aware of for this release.
>
> First off, we're giving authors of new campaigns the ability to put all their
> campaign data into a single .VPK file for easy distribution.  On the server,
> you just install these in the left4dead/addons folder just like clients do.
> You can install one and activate it on the server without restarting by
> entering "update_addon_paths;mission_reload" into the server console after
> placing the .VPK file in the addons folder.
>
> Also, we have fixed the fact Left4Dead tends to hog the 63 character server
> tags.  We've extended the master servers and the steam API to allow servers
> to send up a list of keys separate from tags for matchmaking, up to 1200
> bytes in size.  We're moving the sv_search_key, sv_gametypes and
> sv_steamgroup tags out of the regular server tags and into this extended set.
>  The extended set will also be used by servers to send up a list of the names
> of the third party custom campaigns they have installed so players can find
> them.  The "sv_showtags" command will now list the normal tags as public and
> the extended matchmaking-only tags as private.  The private matchmaking tags
> are only communicated between your server and the master server.  We also
> extended sv_steamgroup to allow a server to be in multiple groups by
> specifying the group IDs separated by commas.
>
> When players now select a custom third party campaign add-on and search for a
> dedicated server, it will look at these extended tags for the name and
> version of the campaign installed.  Server operators will certainly want to
> keep an eye on the various Left 4 Dead add-on websites for popular third
> party campaigns and install them for people to play on their server.
>
> --
> /// Zoid

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.