As part of the Steam TOS that you agree to EVERY time you purchase a
game, you agree to letting VAC ban you if you cheat.  Really, go read
it - Given the SM does alter the game, a VAC ban is fair.  Furthermore
most of the dumb facepuncher's have no idea what they are talking
about - I think half of them are convinced it was an exploit on the
SERVER due to SM.