We've been seeing a large number of complaints about lag over the last few days for our TF2 servers and upon investigation it seems that the update released yesterday morning has caused a MASSIVE CPU hike for servers.

Prior to this update our 95th CPU usage on was 39% on cp_orange_x3_t, since the update this has jumped to 108%, maps seem to be affected to a different degree to all are seeing an very large increase.

These figures are normalised for a single core on an Intel L5520 so not a slow
machine by any means.

Here's a few stats graphs which make it very clear:
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/dropzone/12609_week-cpu-jump.png
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/dropzone/13295_week-cpu-jump.png

This is not a sustainable change, so I hope we can get a fix for this ASAP.

   Regards
Steve

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.