Netshroud wrote:
I just checked CS:GO and Steam.inf + ISteamApps UpToDateCheck seems to be fine
for that.

What do you mean by unreliable?

I meant inconsistent.

Okay, I just realized that the WebAPI required_version is a half-assed "tr -d ." PatchVersion.

DERP:  "1.22.2.7, 1.22.27.  What's the difference, right???"

Maybe unreliable was the right word. I hardly feel good about using something where it seems like the info I'm looking at is coincidental rather than intentional.

I had been paying only attention to ClientVersion/ServerVersion.

Thanks for pointing this out.

luser@host-->for EACH in $(find srcds-*-MASTER -type f -name "steam.inf") ; do echo "" ; echo $EACH ; cat $EACH ; echo "" ; done

srcds-csgo-MASTER/csgo/steam.inf
PatchVersion=1.22.2.7
ProductName=csgo
appID=730

srcds-css-MASTER/css/cstrike/steam.inf
PatchVersion=1.0.0.76
ClientVersion=0
ServerVersion=0
ProductName=cstrike
appID=240

srcds-hl2mp-MASTER/orangebox/hl2mp/steam.inf
PatchVersion=1.0.0.42
ClientVersion=0
ServerVersion=0
ProductName=hl2dm
appID=320

srcds-l4d2-MASTER/left4dead2/left4dead2/steam.inf
// NetworkVersion is the version in the wire protcol between client<->server,
// its not used for matchmaking, PatchVersion is used for that to ensure
// we don't get cross connecting to different releases.  Only bump this if
// you know an incompatible change has happened to the network protocol in
// game and old demos will not work.
NetworkVersion=2.0.4.2
PatchVersion=2.1.2.1
ProductName=left4dead2
appID=550

srcds-l4d-MASTER/l4d/left4dead/steam.inf
PatchVersion=1.0.2.8
ProductName=left4dead
appID=500

srcds-tf2-MASTER/orangebox/tf/steam.inf